Pages


Thursday, October 20, 2011

An artist is their own worse crtic...


 Well, I don't have a whole lot to update y'all with, but I did loose my job this Monday, which stinks. But life moves on ya know? I'm not to bummed out about it. It wasn't my favorite job, but it is kind of bittersweet, I needed the money but didn't like the job. Oh well, but it was convenient that I was let go from my job this week cause I got to go hang with friends in my volunteer ministry work, and come home and paint and jam out to music all day long! Which was great, and very much needed ! I think I am finished with another painting, comments are welcome!  Pictures are below :) :) :) ....

The whole painting... Yeah I know she has a big butt, and I like it, haha.

:)

Close up of the woman..





 My little pup even likes to help me paint. Anyway, I'm at the point where I think I am finished with the painting, but I do listen to suggestions. Anyways, back on the subject of losing my job. I think I am going to switch gears this time in my job hunting. I am going to try and leave my resumes at Art Galleries, or any kind of artsy store where I could potentially learn something. I think I would enjoy working at that type of place. Plus, major bonus if I could learn how to matte and make prints of my work. Still some what confused on how to do that, even after taking that awesome art class with Kelly Rae Roberts. One of my favorite artists from back up north. Portland, Oregon , on a side note y'all should go visit there, it's awesome!! Anyways, I am confused on how to make large prints. One day, I would love to be able to successfully sell originals and prints of my artwork. Also, maybe open my own gallery or art store. That's the future though, presently I'm happy just blogging and painting to my heart's desire. Well, I hope everyone enjoys their evening! I'll update y'all again before the fast approaching weekend is over ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment